Monday 1 July 2013

Armidale, Tuesday

We decided to have a day around Armidale today. We woke to a dry day and a little bit of sunshine. It was good to be able to put the towels out to air and I did a load of washing before heading into town.

I wanted to check out the tile floors in the Cathedrals in town so we parked and walked to them. I took a few photos. One of these days I will do a quilt of one of the tile floors I have seen.

We then walked to the Information Centre and booked on a Heritage Tour of Armidale which we will do tomorrow morning. It goes for 2.5 hrs and is free. Good value.

When we went to the Caravan Show in Brisbane in June, I picked up a few brochures of the New England region. One of the brochures I picked up had vouchers for the area and so far I have redeemed 3 of them. In Tenterfield I picked up a dozen Jumbo eggs for free, in Uralla I picked up a box of 25 teabags for free and this morning in Armidale, I picked up a small jar of jam for free. Not bad.

After picking up a few groceries at Coles, we headed back to the van for lunch and a lazy afternoon. I even managed to do a bit of sewing. Thank you Susan. The little iron you bought for me at Sewco works a treat. It is the only iron I bought on the trip and I certainly won't try to iron any clothese with it!

Mileage: 19kms

No comments:

Post a Comment