Tuesday 8 April 2014

Mylestom - 8 April


We decided we would have morning tea at the local café, post office, general store, servo this morning. It has a lovely outlook and prime spot in Mylestom.
We walked up to the café via the beach, had our morning tea and Bruce went back to the van and I continued on a walk.

When I got back to the van I finished off the centre of the quilt I am working on, a Carolyn Konig pattern I bought in Melbourne a couple of years ago. It is surrounded by hexagons, which I will start on next. At least I have cut them out, all 492 of them.
Bruce started packing up the screens we have around our van in the afternoon. The skies looked threatening and we didn't want it to get wet with us heading home tomorrow. We will take the van to the dealer on Thursday and leave it there till the leak is fixed.

We had a friendly visitor this afternoon, obviously used to people. Two parrots landed on the ground close to the van and then came right up to the back door of the van and just looked at us, as if waiting to be fed. We didn't have anything for them so they eventually flew away.
 
We didn't get any rain today but cloudy all day and last night was the coolest night we have had. A few more people checked in in their vans today and I expect the park will be packed over Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment